Why you should switch to a peppermint retirement plan:
You'll probably reduce expenses
- PEP fees are almost always less than a 401k or MEP
- Only a $750 one time initial setup fee
- $1,008 annual provider administration fee
- Investments have a lower net expense ratios
- Traditional 401ks may all-in fees of 1.2% to 3.64% for fees and expenses on 0-10M Assets Under Management (AUM)
- No audit costs for participating companies (for example an audit of a 180 person company could cost more than $15K)
- Tax incentives for PEP participation
Investment performance will probably improve
- Peppermint offers a better line-up of diversified and low-cost mutual funds – click here to see our funds
- We craft our risk-based investment models using mean variance optimization
- No expensive, underperforming funds which give fees to the investment advisor
- We offer ongoing, holistic financial wellness support – click here to learn more
Less liability and less hassle
- Our investment advisor, Grey Fox, takes full 3(38) fiduciary responsibility for investments so employers don’t have to be full or co-fiduciary – to learn more about Grey Fox click here
- We handle things like annual testing, hardship distributions, employee communications, and more – to learn more about rolls and responsibilities click here
Why don’t companies switch retirement plans?
They think it's going to be hard and time consuming
- Actually, it’s pretty easy. We’ll help you every step of the way. You’ll have some docs to sign, a letter to send (we’ll give you the template), and a couple of hours of work spread over the regulatory five-week transition period
They don't realize how much their plan is costing the company
- Many providers hide fees and charges in fund-level net expense ratios, peppermint doesn’t
They are worried about rolling over funds and assets under management
- We make this easy and can help you transition funds from a variety of sources (401k, MEP, IRA) easily and securely
They have a personal relationship with the plan advisor
- We love personal relationships with our partner companies, but we won’t charge you for them.
Discover the power of a
peppermint pooled employer plan.
Works for any employer, any size group, and any employee.
Lower fees and less adminstration
Customizable discretionary plans
Risk-free safe harbor plans
No audit fees
Industry-standard investment funds
White glove transition support
Ongoing financial wellness support
Dedicated customer support
Are you currently in a Multi-Employer Plan (MEP)?
We’ve got you covered.
PEPS are better than MEPs… no bad apples, no industry affiations. Contact us to learn more.